[texhax] undefined control sequence with mla bibliography style

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Wed Feb 18 16:48:50 CET 2004

I am using the mla.bst bibliography style.  The citation in my source
file is like this:  \cite{Saarni1999}.  the bibliography style command
is like this:  \bibliographystyle{mla}.  At the end I put
\bibliography{references}.  I could post the file if it might help--it's
about two paragraphs long, just my son's social studies essay on Sam
Adams, that I appropriated to practice LaTeX on Linux with.  I threw in
the single citation, totally unrelated to Sam Adams, just to see if it
would work.  Saarni1999 is a reference to a book that is in one of my
real .bib files (references.bib).

Why mla?  My high school daughter has to write a term paper using MLA
standards for references/citations, etc.  I thought it might be a handy
way for her to write it, and a good way to introduce her to LaTeX, in
contrast to her MS Word-centric school.

--Chris

--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency, 40 Arch Street, Johnson City, NY

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]