[texhax] problems printing .ps

nmayotte at charter.net nmayotte at charter.net
Tue Feb 17 21:01:10 CET 2004

I know this probably isn't the right place for this question, but I've looked everywhere on the net and posted on a half dozen different mailing lists and no one seems to be able to help, so I'll give it a shot here.

I have a .ps file that I created with tex/dvips.  When I try to print it I want it to print to a different tray on my printer than what the default is, but when I type lpr -Pmpls_office2 -o media=tray1 test.ps it prints from the default tray (tray2).  But if I create a .ps file using enscript and then use the same print command as abore it prints from tray2.  Its an HP Phaser 4400 printer, and I'm using SuSE 8, 8.2.  Does anyone have any ideas about how I can fix this??