[texhax] convert text file into bibtex

Mon Feb 9 13:22:21 CET 2004

Hello,

I think it is kind of a off-topic question and I apologize for that, but searching the web was not sucessful so far.
I am looking for a program which reads/converts a normal text file into a bibtex file.
A friend refused up to now to use a bibliography program and typed all his references into a text file (few
hundreds already...). Copy-paste did the \cite{} work ,-)
All references are ordered in the same way and I presume that a small script which reads in the first line as author
= {}, second as year ={] ... and so on would do the job. But before I start writing it, I wanted to ask if such a script
already exists and i would greatly appreciate if somebody can point me to a name/site.

regards Martin