[texhax] BiBTeX question (natbib)

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Tue Dec 7 20:47:19 CET 2004

Hello

I am using fpTeX on a Windows machine.

In my preamble I have \usepackage{natbib}
in my text, I have, e.g.
        It requires the same sort of data as GLM,
        and offers the same sort of results, but relaxes the
        assumption of independence  \citep{raudenbush02,
        verbeke00}.

near the end of my text I have \bibliographystyle{agsm}

I then run PDFLaTeX on this file, the bibtex on the .aux file, then
PDFLaTeX on the .tex file twice more,
But, instead of the above giving me something like
(Raudenbush & Bryk, 2002; Verbeke and Molenberghs, 2000)
it gives me (13, 17).
And some cites give me (author?)
when I am sure that the cite is in the .bib file.

Any hints?

Thanks

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)