[texhax] A problem about \jobname

520011141241-0001 at t-online.de 520011141241-0001 at t-online.de
Mon Aug 16 17:26:35 CEST 2004

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> The problem you helped me with, though, was just the first step of a
> final problem I want to work out in the end, which is using the above
> \ifx... \else... \fi condition with the eplain commands \refn{} and
> \definexref{}{}{} for cross references. My final purpose is to say
> first: \definexref{label}{\jobname}{}
>
> and then achieve something like (trying to applying your indications):
>
> \edef\tempa#1{\refn{#1}}
> \edef\tempb{\jobname}
>
> \edef\tempa#1{\meaning\tempa{#1}}
> \edef\tempb{\meaning\tempb}

You can always check the weird contents of definitions by \meaning... or
\tracingmacros.

I don't know what you want to achieve but maybe this hack keeps you
going...

\input eplain
\def\fileword{file}
\definexref{label}{myfile}{file}

\def\xrefn#1{%
\edef\tempa{\refn{#1}}\edef\tempa{\meaning\tempa}}

\xrefn{label}
\edef\tempb{\jobname}\edef\tempb{\meaning\tempb}

See \ifx\tempa\tempb this file\else \ref{label}\fi.
\bye

Regards, Hartmut