[texhax] Scaling math alphabets?

Luca Turchetti luca.turchetti at uniroma1.it
Wed Apr 14 14:26:18 CEST 2004

Calligraphic fonts usually look smaller than roman fonts of the same point
size.

You can edit the .fd file  to have the font loaded with a scaling factor:
adding * [4] in the t1pzc.fd (or ot1pzc.fd for OT1 encoding) you get a loaded
font 4 times bigger than the actually requested size.

\DeclareFontShape{T1}{pzc}{mb}{it}{
   <-> * [4] pzcmi8t
}{}

Anyway, you need a much finer tuning, I guess with a factor of less than 1.1.

Best regards
Luca Turchetti