[texhax] problem with floats in two column

Raj texuser74 at netscape.net
Thu Apr 1 09:23:08 CEST 2004

Dear Tug,

When I try to include an eps image using \begin{figure*} in \twocolumn
job, by default the image is placed at top of the NEXT page.

I want to fix the figure at the bottom of the same page where i am
refering it.

I gone through the faq and also tried using "stfloats, midfloat,
fixltx2e, dblfloatfix" packages, but can't bring the float to bottom of
the current page.

Also please suggest me, to typeset a 2 column job with lots of floats
spaning to single column, which way is best, is it \twocolumn or
"multicols" package.

Thanks in advance,

Raj