[texhax] How to put itemize and image side by side?

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Mon Sep 22 18:37:58 CEST 2003

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Zhendong Zhou (Kyle) wrote:

> When making slides, I want put itemized list at the left, and some images on the right. I tried to use tabular, but tabular cannot include itemize.

Yes it can, provided you declare the column to be of \parbox type
  (p{<width})

> How should I do ?

e.g.

  \begin{tabular}{p{.5\textwidth}c}

For alignment, you may need the 2nd column to be another `p'
and use a bit of vertical space at the top:

 \begin{tabular}{p{.5\textwidth}p{.45\textwidth}}
 \begin{itemize}
  \item ...
  \item ...
 \end{itemize}
 &
 \vspace{2pt}%
 \includegraphics[...]{...}\newline
 \includegraphics[...]{...}\newline
 \includegraphics[...]{...}
 \\
%
 ... more rows ...
%
 \end{tabular}

With just a single row, it's perhaps easier to use minipages.

> thanks

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore