[texhax] Isthis a bug in LaTex?

Herbert Gintis hgintis at comcast.net
Thu Sep 18 07:18:48 CEST 2003

I cannot reproduce this output. Are you sure \G is not some kind of a
macro, and you wrote \G instead of $G$?

Herb

At 11:57 PM 9/17/2003 -0400, Robert Sherry wrote:
>     Please consider the following LaTeX file:
>
>         \documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{article}
>         \title {Notes}
>         \author{Robert~Sherry}
>         \begin{document}
>         \maketitle
>         \flushleft
>         I claim that a graph G can not have a poor subgraph with only one
>         or two vertices but it can have a poor subgraph
>         with only three vertices. If G is a graph with exactly
>         three vertices and it has a poor subgraph then I claim G is
>complete.
>         \newline
>         \newline
>         \end{document}
>
>The problem is the output has a separate line for the words "graph with". I
>do not
>understand why? Have I found a bug?
>
>                                  Robert Sherry

Herbert Gintis
Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of
Massachusetts
External Faculty, Santa Fe Institute, Santa Fe, NM
15 Forbes Avenue, Northampton, MA 01060
413-586-7756  (Home Office) 206-984-9873 (Fax)
Recent papers are posted on my <http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~gintis>web site.
Get Game Theory Evolving (Princeton, 2000) at
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0691009430/qid=1057311870/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-8882889-4632849?v=glance&s=books>Amazon.com.
New Email Address is hgintis at comcast.net
There is no sorrow so great that does not find
its background in joy.
                                                 Niels Bohr (1938)