[texhax] dialogs and whitespace

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 15 15:49:57 CEST 2003

> I hope this is the right place to ask. If not please let me know where
> to go.
>
> 1) I am trying to type out a dialog in latex and I am wondering if there
> is any suitable environments for that?!

the one time i've done this, i just hacked speakers' initials into
marginal notes.  the result satisfied the family, but im' not overly
proud of it...

> 2) Whitespaces: I am having problems including tabbing after line break
> AND avoid a line space also, that is:
>
> 	NN: I am wondering if it is possible.
> 	SN: Yes, me too.
>
> and not:
> 	NN: I am ...
>
> 	SN: Yes, me...
>
> or:
>   	NN: I am...
> SN: Yes, me...

you give us no idea of what you're writing to achieve all this.
what's more, i'm fresh out of crystal balls, so my second sight is
wavering.  i can't think of anything that would transmute as you
describe, with small changes to macro code.

how about some examples?