[texhax] Mac OS X Panther - installation does not work any more

Edward Mozley Roche eroche at mac.com
Tue Nov 4 20:59:09 CET 2003

Has anyone received reports of the TeX installation for Mac OS X being
broken by Panther?

After upgrading, my MAKEINDEX command does not work any longer,
although everything else does. Here is what I get:

Last login: Tue Nov  4 11:53:50 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
You have new mail.
[metallic-hydrogen:~] eroche% cd Desktop
[metallic-hydrogen:~/Desktop] eroche% makeindex sample
Couldn't find input index file sample nor sample.idx.
Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcg] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0
idx1 ...]
[metallic-hydrogen:~/Desktop] eroche%

That is for a sample file. I get the same error message if I use TeTex.
Also, with iTexMac, the "I" button (for index) is greyed out?

Any ideas would be appreciated. If you need telnet access to my machine
to look around, let me know.

Edward M. Roche
Email: emr96 at columbia.edu
Telephone: +01 (646) 321-9896