[texhax] numbering equations in LaTeX

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 19 12:01:16 CEST 2003

> I am trying to remove the parenthesis around the equation numbers in an
> LaTeX \documentclass{article}.  Is there any reference as to how I can
> do this?  Where should I go for help?

As a general answer to this type of question.  You should find the files
latex.ltx (at least that's what it is in MiKTeX) and or article.cls,
book.cls etc. and look inside for the bits that interest you.  A lot of it
is rather intimidating, but there are also lots of very simple definitions,
which can be easily cut out, pasted into your own file (between the
\maketletter \maheatother pair if the contain the @ symbol) and then editted
to your heart's content.

Cheers,  Phil