[texhax] HOWTO: Include several pages long graphics?

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Sat Jul 26 20:58:53 CEST 2003

I know about the \includegraphics command and usage. However, I am
trying to figure out if there is any way to include a several pages long
graphics file into a LaTeX document.

I have a serie of flowchart graphics file which are longer than a single
page, some are taking something like 3 to 5 pages. Is there a way to
include these graphics files into a LaTeX document with an already
defined layout and have these graphics respect the page break? I can
scale down them in order to fit properly the width of my page (or
available space in the document), but the trick will not work for the
length. Scaling them to that size will render them unreadable.

My last resort solution will be to break the file into several files,
each one page long, scale them down and include them separately. But, I
am looking for a more straight forward solution, since I would like to
avoid this hassle when the flowcharts are modified by another tool.

Anybody can help me to find an other solution, if such a solution
exists?

--

Daniel Savard

Tél: (450) 467-8014