[texhax] BibTeX author entry using "with"

Karl R. Wurst wurst at cse.uconn.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:00:03 CEST 2003

I need to format a bibliography entry has two main authors and a third
author listed as "with".

They title page of the book has it styled as:

      Carol Fijan and Frank Ballard with Christina Starobin

The LOC entry has it styled as:

      by Carol Fijan and Frank Ballard ; text by Christina Starobin

I am using named-bib.sty and aaai-named.bst and I would like the citation
to appear as something like [Fijan et al., 1989] and the
bibliography entry appear as something like:

[Fijan et al., 1989] Carol Fijan and Frank Ballard with Christina Starobin.

Is there any way to do this, or should I just resign myself to editing the
.bbl file itself?

Thanks for any help you can give.

  --- Karl
  Karl R. Wurst, Computer Science & Engineering, U-155   Email:
wurst at cse.uconn.edu
  University of
Connecticut                                                Phone: 860-486-0005
  191 Auditorium Road, Storrs, CT, USA 06269-3155          Fax: 860-486-4817
  "If you want to make robots, you have to break a few small appliances."
        - Wedgie Woman, _Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked
Wedgie Woman._