[texhax] help

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jul 19 10:33:50 CEST 2003

    2. I am trying to use bibtex to have my bibliography. I am following
    all the rules but it just is not appearing on the typeset. Do I need
    to have some special bibtex software or something like that?

Yes, you do have to run BibTeX.  If you have your reference in
yourdoc.bib, then your document has to contain the command
\bibliography{yourdoc}
(as well as the \bibliographystyle command.)

Then you run
latex yourdoc
bibtex yourdoc
latex yourdoc

(You may need more runs of latex depending on the exact details of your
document.)

I don't know the answer to your problems with the figures, sorry.

karl