[texhax] Equations ...

Harish S. Bhanderi hsb21 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 16:38:21 CEST 2003

Hi Manoj and Herbet,

Many thanks for your email. I apologies for not being explicit about the
problem and so I don't want to reset any counters in Appendix or anything
like that. The problem is:

I have written an equation in the introduction. In the dvi output, it is
numbered 1.64, say. Now in the appendix, I want to refresh the reader's
mind and rewrite the same equation. As it not a new equation, I wanted it
numbered 1.64 rather than A-73, say. I have seen this sort of thing done
in books but I don't know how to do it. Please advise.

Many thanks in advance.

Harish