[texhax] hyperref documentation volunteer needed

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 3 20:49:44 CEST 2003

It would nice if we could get the documentation for LaTeX hyperref
package updated for this year's edition of TeX Live.  I.e., quickly.

Unfortunately, right now, it exists only in pdf and html format.  The
original source has been lost.  So I believe the most expedient approach
is to convert the html back into latex.  It's only a few pages long, and
most of it is tables.  See http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/.

More importantly, there have been many changes to the package which are
not reflected in the documentation.  So it needs a thorough overhaul.
Sebastian and Heiko (the principal authors and maintainers) are too busy
to be able to work on it themselves.

One notable place to review for changes is the relevant chapter in the
LaTeX Web Companion (the German edition is newer than English).
Other sources of information:
 * hyperref/doc/options.tex for a list of options
 * hyperref/doc/{slides,paper}.pdf for the bookmark part
 * the source, hyperref.dtx
 * README
 * ChangeLog
 * Heiko and Sebastian themselves

If anyone has time to work on this right away, please let me know.
I'll coordinate efforts.

Alternatively, if you're generally interested in this or similar
documentation tasks, but don't have time right now, let me know that
too.  There's always plenty of documentation work to be done.

Thanks,
karl