I NEED SOME SERIOUS BIBTEX HELP - HELP HELP

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 19 17:00:22 CET 2003

> > How does one get bibtex8? Google gives a bunch of mostly defunct,
> > and otherwise cryptic, sites.
>
> Well, the CTAN archives is the obvious place to look:
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/alpha.html
>
> However, if you have MiKTeX, for example, you should already have everything
> (and the documentation) and you can just substitute the comand BibTeX with
> BibTeX8.  If the default settings are still not sufficient, it is completely
> configurable.

the sources, if that's the way you choose to go, are to be found on
ctan in

  biblio/bibtex/8-bit

that directory is full of zip files with cryptic 8+3 filenames for
users subject to brain-dead operating systems.

i don't see a bibtex8 in my current tetex distribution, and am in
between builds of tetex 2.0* so can't check that.