[texhax] pagenumbering

Luca Turchetti luca.turchetti at uniroma1.it
Thu Dec 4 21:27:06 CET 2003

At this point I'm not sure I still remember what was the original problem!
Anyway, if you want to put hyphens around the page number in the footer, I guess that you want the page number to be on
the center of the page.
The commands

\fancyfoot[LE]{\thepage}
\fancyfoot[RO]{\thepage}

that you have on your code, print the page number in the bottom-left corner in even(left) pages and in the bottom-right
corner in odd(right) pages (LE=Left Even ; RO=Right Odd, as you can read in the fancyhdr documentation). So, what you
need is probably to change the alignment and add the hyphen chars you want:

\fancyfoot[CE]{-- \thepage --}
\fancyfoot[CO]{-- \thepage --}

Hope this helps you somehow
Luca Turchetti