[texhax] MikTeX and AMS Fonts

Christopher Apelian CAPELIAN at drew.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:51:34 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm new to LaTeX, and have been writing a math text using MikTeX and
WinEdt... I have been trying to add the blackboard font (tex command
\mathbb{}) to my document, but to no avail.  Everyone tells me to
contact AMS for help, but all they do is direct me to the online
documentation.  FOR COMPUTER MORONS LIKE ME THIS IS NOT HELPFUL!
Help!  Is there any possibility that someone might be able to
easily explain to me how to add this one font style to my current
version of MikTeX so that it will recognize it and show it properly?
I did download the files that I was directed to at the AMS site,
but I admit that the instructions that came with it are too difficult
for me to figure out... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration.

C. Apelian
Drew University