[texhax] need help - figures in latex

Bin Zhou zhoubin6688 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:26:33 CEST 2003

Dear LaTeX experts,

I am writing my thesis using mitex2.2 and wineditor over Windows 2000. I
insert lots of figures into the thesis. The figures are in PDF or JPG files.
I used the latex commands to include the figures, for example:

\begin{figure}[ht]
  \center
  \includegraphics[width=280pt]{fig3_20.jpg}
  \caption{Impact of .....network}\label{fig:FRNSFnet}
\end{figure}

I hope the figures are in the same page of its corresponding text where I
insert the commands. However, sometimes the figure shows up after several
pages of the text. I also notice that almost no two figures are in the same
page although they can fit in easily.

I tried to use here package, but it doesn't work somehow.

Can anyone tell me how to adjast the location of the figures? I would be
very gratful for your kindly helps!

Bin