TUGboat 22,1/2

Mimi Burbank mimi at csit.fsu.edu
Mon Oct 14 10:55:27 CEST 2002

For your reading pleasure - we shipped the issue to Cadmus
on Monday, Sept 9, 2002.  The contents are listed below.
This message was also sent to your mailing list on the 9th, but
evidently never arrived.   I received my copy of the issue
on September 29, and you should be receiving yours shortly.

We are working hard on the getting the December 2001 issue
together while we await the files for the 2001 Proceedings.

Let me encourage (urge?) those of you who occasionally think,
"I think I should write an article about that!" to go ahead
and write up something and submit it to tugboat at tug.org.
Our recent pleas for submissions have gratefully brought us
submissions from new sources.  Keep it up and we'll be back
on track in no time!

Mimi Burbank
(or the TUGboat production team)

				 TUGboat
		  Volume 22, Number 1/2    March/June 2001

Addresses                                                       3

General Delivery
  Mimi Jett
        From the President                                      5
  Barbara Beeton
        Editorial comments                                      6
         We're late ...; CTAN and ``The treasure chest'';
        TeX Mexico User Group; Goodbye to Father Larguier;
        Some places to learn more about books and printing;
        5000 years of the written word;
        The Gutenberg Bible online;
        Xy-pic home moved to TUG;
        Legibility study online
  Jim Hefferon
        Why TeX?                                                8
  Question & Answer session with Donald Knuth,
        U.K. TUG, Oxford, Sunday, 12 September 1999            15
  How AllTeX changed the face of mathematics:
        An E-interview with Leslie Lamport, the author
        of LaTeX                                               20

Typography
  Peter Flynn
        Typographers' inn                                      23

Font Forum
  Frank Mittelbach
        Laudatio for Professor Hermann Zapf                    24
  Hermann Zapf
        My collaboration with Don Knuth and my font
        design work                                            26

Software & Tools
  Barbara Beeton
        Hyphenation exception log                              31
  Laura Elizabeth Jackson and Herbert Voss
        LyX --- An Open Source document processor	       32
  Adam H. Lewenberg
	DVII: A TeX dvi file information utility	       42

Graphics Applications
  John D. Hobby
	Drawing graphs with MetaPost			       46

Reports
 Hans Hagen
	The status quo of the NTS project		       58

Hints & Tricks
  William Adams
	The treasure chest				       67

Tutorials
  George Gratzer
	Publishing legacy documents on the Web		       74
  Denis Roegel
	Anatomy of a macro				       78

Macros
  Victor Eijkhout
	The bag of tricks				       83

LaTeX
  Frank Mittelbach
	The trace package 			               93

Abstracts
  Les Cahiers GUTenberg, Contents of issues 35/36
            (May 2000) and 37/38 (December 2000)	      100

News & Announcements
  Calendar						      103
  TUG '2001 Announcement				      105

Cartoon
  Roy Preston
      Typohol Anon                                            4

TUG Business
  Susan DeMeritt
	Minutes of TeX Users Group Annual General Meeting,
             15 August 2000, Oxford, England		      106
  Don DeLand
	Financial statement, 2000			      107
  Arthur Ogawa
	TUG Election Notice				      108
  Institutional members					      109
  TUG membership application	                              110

  TeX consulting and production services		      111
  Just Published: TeX Reference Manual by David Bausum        112
  Blue Sky Research					       c3

                                  --------

----- End forwarded message -----

 Phone:   (850)644-2440          mimi at csit.fsu.edu
 FAX:     (850)644-0098

 "One of the problems of modern life is that people who are good
 at being civil often lack strong convictions, and people who
 have strong convictions often lack civility."
                         (By Way of Response, by Martin E. Marty)