Quotes in tt

Matej Cepl matej at ceplovi.cz
Mon May 20 12:00:08 CEST 2002

Hi,

just from the sense of curiosity I try to create LaTeX style
emulating ``typesetting'' of typewriter (do not say me it is
stupid idea, I know that). It works very well when I use pcr, but
it fails miserably when trying to go down to cmtt (see attached
sty file), because (of course, you know it) there are some
characters missing in cmtt. I found somewhere on DejaNews also
attached plainTeX makro for emulating quotes, which (to my
biggest surprise) work without any problem. However, when I tried
to incorporate the makro into my style it failed again. Could you
please explain, what I am doing wrong?

	Thanks

		Matej

Matej Cepl, matej at ceplovi.cz
138 Highland Ave. #10
Somerville, Ma 02143
(617) 623-1488

Economics is the only discipline where two people can win a Nobel
Prize for saying exactly the opposite thing!
    -- Eamonn Butler of Adam Smith Institute
       on Nobel Prize awards for year 2001