[texdoc] Almost ready for v3.0!

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 23 12:12:33 CEST 2018

Le 23/05/18 à 18h22, Takuto ASAKURA a écrit :

> Dear All,

Dear Takuto,

> the new version of Texdoc, v3.0, is almost ready to release.

Many thanks!

> [...]
>
> There are two big features in Texdoc 3.0.
>
> 2. Fuzzy search
>
> When the normal search can't find any document in TeX Live,
> Texdoc will execute fuzzy search on the list of package names
> without user-interactions. The results of fuzzy search are
> shown by "info" message.
> (you can see that with the command line option "-v")
>
> The default allowance of Levenshtein distance is 5.
> You can change this default value by specifying "fuzzy_level"
> in your texdoc.cnf:
>
> 	fuzzy_level = 3
>
> If "fuzzy_level" set to 0, the feature will be disabled.

Quite nice!

Another nice feature would be for `texdoc' to provide completion:

texdoc chem + TAB

 →

texdoc
chembst chemcompounds chemcono chemexec chemformula chemgreek
chemmacros chemnum chemschemex chemsec chemstyle

> I'm going to release v3.0 about in two weeks. If you are
> interested in and have a time,

Unfortunately, I won't have enough time, sorry.

Best regards.
--
Denis