[texdoc] Localized package manuals

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Apr 3 17:12:40 CEST 2011

Le 03/04/2011 17:05, Philipp Stephani a écrit :
>> Alternatively, you can obviously propose patches for this if you feel like
>> doing so.
>
> I'll see what I can do. I think it should be possible if texdoc did the
> equivalent of "texdoc X-Y" before "texdoc X", where X is the package and Y
> the labguage,

Yep, it could be a good idea. (Of course it would work only for documents using
this naming convention.)

> or if the scoring system could be exploited ("adjscore(X) X-Y =
> +20 if Y matches the current language").

This may be more flexible, for example it would allow using the language
comments from the catalogue, or a user to specify a list of preferred languages
in texdoc's configuration file (in addition to autodetecting via the locale
setting).

However, the obvious problem is that any less relevant document (for example, a
false positive from another package) could hide the real documentation if the
less relevant result is in the correct language and th most relevant is not.

Manuel.