[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Mar 15 05:19:35 CET 2010

On Mar 14, 2010, at 2:36 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> On 14 March 2010 Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>> If the user-level documentation were in hyperref.pdf, or if it were
>> only links, I'd agree.  As-is, though, I think the umbrella
>> document is worse than useless for users who are looking for
>> package options (which I think is a common case).  I know there are
>> other lusers like me who had problems with this…
>
> Everything you say depends on the fact that you didn't notice that the
> first page of hyperref.pdf contains links to all the other files.

Yes, I acknowledged that.  However, did you notice that manual.pdf also has bookmarks pointing to the other documents?  Doesn't that answer your original complaint?

> I don't think that other people should be bothered only because you
> missed something.

I agree, but as I write previously, the change wasn't made at my request!  I was just trying to give you an idea of how a user looking for specific information could be baffled by hyperref.pdf.

--
Adam