[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Mar 14 19:00:46 CET 2010

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
>  > TEXDOCS = .;$TEXMF/doc//
>
> Any reason for searching in the current directory?  It sometimes
> yields unexpected results.

Dunno. I has been this way for years, and is consistent with TEXSOURCES and a
lot of other similar variables. I'm not very fond of it either.

Karl, any opinion on that point?

> $ texdoc -s hyperref
>  1 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/latex/hyperref/manual.pdf
>  2 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/latex/hyperref/hyperref.pdf
>
> I think that hyperref.pdf should come first because this is the file
> containing the links to all the other files.

It used to come first, but regularly I got requests to make manual.pdf come
first... People wanting a more complete list of documents can always use the -l
option (-s is overkill here).

Manuel.