[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 14 15:15:16 CET 2010

On 14 March 2010 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
 > > $ texdoc -s vntex
 > >  1 ./vntex.pdf
 > >  2 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vntex.pdf
 > >  3 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vntex-man.pdf
 > >    = [vi] Package manual
 > >  4 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vn-min.pdf
 > >    = [en] Minimal steps to typeset Vietnamese
 > >
 > > Why does it find something in the current working directory?
 >
 > Because texmf.cnf contains:
 >
 > TEXDOCS = .;$TEXMF/doc//

Any reason for searching in the current directory?  It sometimes
yields unexpected results.

 > > Does Debian still compress pdf files?  Do hyperlinks work there at
 > > all?  How can one know in advance which files have to be uncompressed?
 > >
 > I think Debian still compresses a few files. Probably it can break
 > hyperlinks, but texdoc can't do anything about that. If you are
 > concerned about that, I think you'd better ask the debianers. (Btw,
 > Debian is not the only distribution to do so.)

Maybe I should ask Frank.

There is another problem:

$ texdoc -s hyperref
 1 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/latex/hyperref/manual.pdf
 2 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/latex/hyperref/hyperref.pdf

I think that hyperref.pdf should come first because this is the file
containing the links to all the other files.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25