[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Mar 14 14:25:36 CET 2010

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> $ texdoc -s vntex
>  1 ./vntex.pdf
>  2 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vntex.pdf
>  3 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vntex-man.pdf
>    = [vi] Package manual
>  4 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vn-min.pdf
>    = [en] Minimal steps to typeset Vietnamese
>
> Why does it find something in the current working directory?

Because texmf.cnf contains:

TEXDOCS = .;$TEXMF/doc//

> Does Debian still compress pdf files?  Do hyperlinks work there at
> all?  How can one know in advance which files have to be uncompressed?

I think Debian still compresses a few files. Probably it can break hyperlinks,
but texdoc can't do anything about that. If you are concerned about that, I
think you'd better ask the debianers. (Btw, Debian is not the only distribution
to do so.)

Manuel.