[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 14 10:41:34 CET 2010

On 10 March 2010 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Hi Reinhard,
 >
 > Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
 > > when I run
 > >
 > >   texdoc vntex
 > >
 > > I get the file vntex-man.pdf instead of vntex.pdf.
 > >
 > > This is quite unfortunate.  I wrote vntex.pdf from scratch (derived
 > > from a README file) solely in order to make texdoc happy.
 > >
 > > vntex.pdf is the only file texdoc should find, it contains hyperlinks
 > > to all the other vntex-related files.
 > >
 > The behaviour you describe is new in texdoc 0.7, which is the first version
 > using information from the catalogue in order to adapt scoring. The point is
 > that vntex-man.pdf has a comment "Package manual" in the catalogue, while
 > vntex.pdf doesn't have any comment. This makes texdoc think vntex-man is more
 > important.
 >
 > I'll add an alias vntex = vntex to fix this.

Hi Manuel,
sorry, but now I get:

$ texdoc -s vntex
 1 ./vntex.pdf
 2 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vntex.pdf
 3 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vntex-man.pdf
   = [vi] Package manual
 4 /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/vntex/vn-min.pdf
   = [en] Minimal steps to typeset Vietnamese

Why does it find something in the current working directory?  I always
thought that it scans ls-R or texlive.tlpdb.  In this case I had a
copy of the desired file in the CWD but you never can be sure that
what is found there is correct.  In this case the file was displayed
properly but the hyperlinks to the other files didn't work.

Does Debian still compress pdf files?  Do hyperlinks work there at
all?  How can one know in advance which files have to be uncompressed?

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25