[texdoc] texdoc vntex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Mar 13 00:23:16 CET 2010

On 10 March 2010 Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard wrote:

 > Hi Reinhard,
 >
 > Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
 > > when I run
 > >
 > >   texdoc vntex
 > >
 > > I get the file vntex-man.pdf instead of vntex.pdf.
 > >
 > > This is quite unfortunate.  I wrote vntex.pdf from scratch
 > > (derived from a README file) solely in order to make texdoc
 > > happy.
 > >
 > > vntex.pdf is the only file texdoc should find, it contains
 > > hyperlinks to all the other vntex-related files.
 > >
 > The behaviour you describe is new in texdoc 0.7, which is the first
 > version using information from the catalogue in order to adapt
 > scoring. The point is that vntex-man.pdf has a comment "Package
 > manual" in the catalogue, while vntex.pdf doesn't have any
 > comment. This makes texdoc think vntex-man is more important.
 >
 > I'll add an alias vntex = vntex to fix this.

Hi Manuel,
it's a nice solution for the time being.

 > You may want to ask the catalogue maintainers to adjust the
 > documentation details for vntex, since vntex.pdf isn't listed in
 > the documentation field of [1]. (Again, this is the primary reason
 > why texdoc doesn't give it as the first result.)

Sure, but before I ask the catalogue maintainers, I have to discuss it
with Thanh.  Don't know how to treat vntex-man.pdf in the future.  And
I don't want to bother the catalogue maintainers more than once.

The catalogue is maintained by the CTAN crew and they already invest
their whole spare time...

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25