[texdoc] Desktop environment and texdoc viewers

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Jan 6 11:16:31 CET 2010

On 06/01/2010 10:24, Johannes Fichtinger wrote:
> $ texdoc --debug=view live
> texdoc debug-version: /usr/bin/texdoc version 0.61
> texdoc debug-view: View comand: (see "/usr/share/texmf-
> texlive/doc/texlive/texlive-en/texlive-en.pdf") &

It looks like you installed texdoc from Debian packages. Here, the detection
mechanism is overridden by a directive in the configuration file setting the
viewer to 'see', as it is the standard command for opening documents in Debian.

> still opens the pdf in okular. So it seems for me, that not kde-open is used
> here, but okuar explicitly?

No, 'see' is used. Look at its man page for how to configure it.

Thanks for testing anyway,
Manuel.