[texdoc] [tex-live] Desktop environment and texdoc viewers

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jan 4 14:07:28 CET 2010

On 04/01/2010 06:25, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:
> AMD 64 PC running Kubuntu 9.10 running KDE 4.3.2. Results are
> interleaved below with with comments and one question.
> [...]
> texdoc debug-version: /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin/x86_64-linux/texdoc
> version 0.61
> texdoc debug-view: View comand: (kde-open
> "/localhost/texlive/2009/texmf/doc/texlive/texlive-en/texlive-en.pdf") &

Sounds correct.

> ---
> <unknown program name>(16501)/ ClientApp::doIt: Creating ClientApp
> ---

This message is not emitted by texdoc. Either it is a "normal" message by Okular
or some other KDE app, or I'm not calling kde-open directly.

> but correctly shows the texdoc documentation in an okular window.
> Likewise for other packages.

As far as it works, I'm inclined to think the warning can be ignored (some GUI
programs tend to produce a lot of output when run from the command line).

Thanks for reporting,
Manuel.