[texdoc] ~/.texdoc.cnf?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Sep 22 11:54:02 CEST 2008

Reinhard Kotucha a écrit :
> Karl Berry writes:
>  >     Hmm, why don't you want to use TEXMFHOME/texdoc/texdoc.cnf?
>  >
>  > Because I don't have any TEXMFHOME and I don't want to create one just
>  > for this :).
>
> Hi Karl,
> I think that what texdoc actually does is fine.  I'm not very happy
> with config files outside texmf trees, like ~/.dvipsrc.

I'm sorry Karl, but I think I agree with Reinhard. To me the following
list of config files would look weird:

TEXMFDIST/texdoc/texdoc.cnf
TEXMFLOCAL/texdoc/texdoc.cnf
~/.texdoc.cnf

>  > I had another complicating idea: one more environment variable, say
>  > TEXDOC_CNF_NAME, which gives the name of a .cnf file.

Are you sure a complicated idea is a good idea? :-)

Anyway, I'm not completely opposed to changing things, but for now  I'm
afraid I can't see why we should (and I'd rather avoid adding complexity
to the system unless it deserves a clear purpose).

Manuel.