[texdoc] viewer options ignored in .cnf?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Dec 2 12:56:05 CET 2008

Karl Berry a écrit :
> I get the double double quotes when the value comes from texdoc.cnf; I
> get no extra double quotes when it comes from the environment:

I'll have to test, but I think the double quotes are there only if you
already put "%s" in your conf value (whereeve it comes from). The
current algorithm is as folows:

1. view viewer_* doens contain the %s string, put "filename" at the end
2. else, replace %s with "filename"

Probably it should be

1. view viewer_* doens contain the %s string, put "filename" at the end
2. else, replace "%s" with %s then replace %s with "filename"

so that it works either with

(a) viewer_pdf = xpdf
(b) viewer_pdf = xpdf %s &
(c) viewer_pdf = xpdf "%s" &

Intended use were (a) and (b), but maybe you're the the only one
carefull user who will want to quote %s.

Manuel.