[texdoc] viewer options ignored in .cnf?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Dec 2 02:38:50 CET 2008

    Are you sure you don't have another viewer_pdf setting in another
    texdoc.cnf overriding this one?

You were right -- I had temporarily set an environment variable in that
shell and forgotten.

    texdoc debug1: xp -f
    ""/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/latex/apacite/apacite.pdf""

    (note the double quotes, maybe I should fix that btw).

I get the double double quotes when the value comes from texdoc.cnf; I
get no extra double quotes when it comes from the environment:

$ PDFVIEWER=foo texdoc --noise-level=9 geometry
texdoc info: geometry aliased to geometry/manual
texdoc debug1: foo "/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/doc/latex/geometry/manual.pdf"

Thanks,
Karl