[tex4ht] [bug #390] problem using new added support for package{bera} in tex4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Tue Mar 27 06:20:02 CEST 2018

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Posted also at

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/423373/problem-using-new-added-support-for-packagebera-in-tex4ht

Now that tex4ht have added support to package bera, I've been using it for
little while, and just found a problem.

If Verbatim has something like y'' or y' then in the HTML output it shows just
as y, i.e. the primes are gone. This happens when I compiled with --lua
option, and when I use \usepackage{upquote} as well.

I have been using \usepackage{upquote} forever, since it is needed to make
tex4ht not mess up another issue, and it was recommended for me to use by
@michal.h21

So there seems to be a new conflict now between upquote and bera in tex4ht?

Here is a MWE
%------------------------

\documentclass{article}%
\usepackage{upquote} %to handle correct tex4ht to html conversion of `
\usepackage{fancyvrb}
\usepackage{bera} %now tex4ht supports this, thanks to michal.h21
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\begin{document}

\begin{Verbatim}
Lets try y'' and see what happens
lets try y'  and see what happens
\end{Verbatim}

\end{document}

Compiled using

    make4ht --lua foo_before.tex

The HTML output shows missing '' in the verbatim.

For now, I will stop using bera package. It just made the fonts look a little
nicer on the web page I thought, so it is not a big problem.

Thanks