[tex4ht] [bug #378] Wrong MathML output for numbers

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 2 00:19:49 CET 2018

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #378 (project tex4ht):

I'm sorry, I don't understand yet. Do you know where the "<mn>" string
actually gets emitted? Because "mn" only occurs as a word in a few places
anywhere in the *.tex files (and not in tex4ht-c.tex), none of which looks
especially relevant to the creation of the <mn>1</mn> to me.

Anyway, in tex4ht-mathltx.tex, there are some \Configure commands for some,
but not all, of the numerals, starting around line 2245. Only 0..6 are
configured there, and only 4..5 with the "mathltx-" option (whatever that is).
What happens with 7..9? Does any of this make sense to you?

I wonder if Eitan provided an option for determining the behavior of the
numerals in math mode. So wish he were still here ...