[tex4ht] \usepackage{niceverb} conflicts with tex4ht

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jan 17 00:05:20 CET 2018

    The dedicated server would be nice, but it would be quite hard to keep
    it safe,

Yes.
I'm not going to provide any TeX on a public web site for anyone to run.

    I think that not long ago someone demonstrated computer
    compromising using LaTeX file even without -shell-escape option used.

No. (Not with current code.)

I don't imagine this is anything you don't know, but it is easy enough
to install your own TeX from the original 2017, or whatever vintage you
wish, and just don't update it, or make only the desired updates, e.g.,
have a TL "dev" installation with all patches. All it takes is disk
space. And you can always chop the tree if needed. --FWIW, karl.