[tex4ht] curiosity about unicode.4hf

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:46:03 CET 2017

> Only to be precise,
>
> from (MWE):
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{textcomp}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \begin{document}
> \textquotesingle
> '
> `
> "
> \end{document}
>

> you get:
>
> '
> ’
>> "
>

> In the event one decides to modify unicode.4hf, I would suggest to
> modify in order to get the following (attaching the file modified):
>
> '
>>> "
>

> (I'm not suggesting to modify anything :-)

Ah, I can see what you mean now. We should fix that.

I've modified the sources in tex4ht-fonts-4hf.tex and found that it
isn't included in the Makefile, so I've added it. The compilation
failed  with LaTeX because of memory, so I've used lualatex with
`make4ht -lm draft`, I hope that it's OK.

There is an problem with the genrerated unicode.4hf files, because the
copyright comments at the beginning cause warning messages in tex4ht
run:

    --- warning --- Improper entry (line 1)

So it seems that it can't contain copyright headers?