[tex4ht] [bug #343] Package pdfpages

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 21:32:37 CET 2016

Karl,

> Some years ago, I replaced some calls to the IM "convert" with direct
> calls to gs on Unix for converting dvips output to png. (tex4ht-env.tex,
> search for stuff like "dvips convert").
>
> I didn't bother to replace the Windows calls (and no one has ever
> reported about it), so I doubt there's any great need for you to worry
> about it either. But if you want to, feel free :).  --thanks, k.

I've played with tex4ht.env and t4ht a little bit. I've rediscovered that it
contains code for dvipng conversion already, in <dvipng> section. t4ht
can call tex4ht.env sections using -c parameter, so

   t4ht -cdvipng filename

should convert the pictures using dvipng. It doesn't, probably because
conversion commands are already set. I've tried to place the default
conversion scripts after dvipng section, and it works now.

   t4ht -cdvipng filename

uses dvipng and

   t4ht filename

uses gs.