[tex4ht] [bug #343] Package pdfpages

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Dec 5 22:00:03 CET 2016

On 2016-12-05 at 13:20:24 +0100, Michal Hoftich wrote:

 > Before I add this to the sources, what is the best and most
 > portable way of converting pdf to bitmap formats? In my solution,
 > Imagemagick is used, but I guess that it is not bundled with TL on
 > Windows, is it?

Hi Michal,
there is no ImageMagick in TeX Live indeed.  It's too big and passes
PS and PDF files to Ghostscript anyway.

TeX Live provides Ghostscript for Windows.  It's hidden (not in PATH),
hence you can't invoke it directly from the command line.

However, you can use the program rungs.  This is a wrapper script
which executes the hidden gswin32c.exe on Windows, and a separately
installed gs on any other system.  rungs simply passes its arguments
to the Ghostscript executable.  You can try

  rungs -help

on any system supported by TeX Live.

Here is the latest Ghostscript documentation:

  http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/9.20/Devices.htm#PNG

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25