[tex4ht] [bug #123] support fontspec

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:43:53 CEST 2016

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #123 (project tex4ht):

As we recently found the way how to alter the package loading (using
usepackage.4ht), I've created small configuration for the Fontspec package.
Basically, what is needed is to prevent Fontspec from loading the EU1 or EU2
font encodings and to prevent loading of OpenType fonts. It works only with
LuaLaTeX at the moment, XeLaTeX still tries to load the fonts.

The example file can be called using

    make4ht -ulm draft luaotfloadpok.tex new-accents

The `new-accents` option is important, you would get bunch of errors
otherwise. It should be possible to put

    \edef\Preamble{\Preamble,new-accents}

somewhere, but when I do that in usepackage.4ht, then compilation fails with
stack overflow, and in fontspec.4ht it doesn't have any effect.

One thing that doesn't work are font styles from the .htf files, resp. it
doesn't work when you load a font with \setmainfont. So I put basic
configuration for \textit and similar commands to fontspec.4ht, which isn't
really clean, but this is just sample, so I hope it is OK.

Any comments are highly welcome.

(file #262, file #263, file #264, file #265)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: luaotfloadpok.tex              Size:1 KB
File name: usepackage.4ht                 Size:2 KB
File name: fontspec.4ht                   Size:0 KB
File name: fontspec-4ht.lua               Size:2 KB