[tex4ht] [bug #309] tex4ht does not work with package savetrees

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 12:27:34 CEST 2016

Hi Nasser,

> The above code is way over my head myself, but is the idea
> for tex4ht to block loading the package and also issue an
> error at same time and stop the compilation, so that the user
> can correct it? Or the idea is to silently block loading a
> package and go on with the compilation?

The idea is to silently block the package loading, and maybe load
configuration file with alternative definitions of commands which
could be used in the document. To suppress error messages, tex4ht
internal macro must be redefined and I am not sure whether it doesn't
break anything.  So it would require some testing :)

Maybe we could issue some warning message that the package is blocked,
error and compilation stop are unacceptable.