[tex4ht] Bug identified: tex4ht to .odt (also identifying bugs in MiKTeX's setup)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Jun 6 17:00:46 CEST 2016

Am Sat, 4 Jun 2016 11:21:28 +0800 schrieb 吳聰敏:

> Before describing where is this error from, I first discuss some bugs in
> current MiKTeX's setup of tex4ht. The first set of bugs is about subdirectory specfication.
>
> Open tex4ht.env (in MiKTeX's subdirectory) with an editor,
>
> Replace "%%~/texmf-dist/tex4ht/bin/tex4ht.jar" with "c:\PROGRA~2\MIKTEX~1.9\tex4ht\bin\tex4ht.jar"

I (re)reported the problem with the pathes in miktex
https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs/2322/

But it is really difficult to see how this should be handled at
best. The path depends obviously on installation and the "%%~" for
$SELFAUTOPARENT seems not to work in miktex.

I reported it too https://sourceforge.net/p/miktex/bugs/2505/

> If you don't leave a space, MiKTeX's latex get confused, and can't run.
>
> Now back to the bug in tex4ht system.
>
> After running the first command line, you will get test.odt.
> Open the file with LibreOffice, you will see an error message telling you
> that something is wrong in styles.xml (line 94, column 128).
>
> test.odt is a zip file. I unzip test.odt, and open styles.xml,
> my editor give the following message:
>
> "Some characters were lost during the conversion"
>
> I go to line 94, and check the end of line:
>
> text:bullet-char="? >

With a current texlive 2016 and also with miktex (after correcting
the env) I get no error and line 94 ends looks this:

</text:list-level-style-bullet> <text:list-level-style-bullet
text:level="4" text:style-name="Bullet-Symbols"
text:bullet-char="&#x00B7;" >

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/