[tex4ht] [bug #307] make4ht removes spaces in \href in LUA mode when using mathdesign package

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 13:47:10 CEST 2016

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #307 (project tex4ht):

The strange issue is that different fonts are selected when compiled with
pdftex and luatex. I cannot figure out how the selection works from the
mathdesign source code, anyway, when I took a look at the DVI code, there is a
difference:

pdftex:

   set: 'what'
      w: 2.678421pt
      set: 'happened'
      w0:
      set: 'to'
      w0:
      set: 'the'
      w0:
      set: 'spaces'
      w0:
      set: 'between'
      w0:
      set: 'the'
      w0:
      set: 'words'

luatex:

   set: 'what'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'happened'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'to'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'the'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'spaces'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'between'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'the'
      right: 2.678421pt
      set: 'words'

I am not expert on the DVI format, but I guess that font selected by luatex
uses kerns instead of spaces. So maybe it is a font isssue? Can anybody
confirm that?