[tex4ht] breqn package and tex4ht

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Apr 4 02:32:57 CEST 2016

I am starting to use breqn alot now in pdf mode, since I need
it to break long single equations generated automatically by
a program I wrote which generates Latex code from some
computer algebra computation. It is very hard to manually
find out where to break these equations with many terms in them.

breqn package: https://www.ctan.org/pkg/breqn?lang=en
" Automatic line breaking of displayed equations"

This package is very useful.  But it does not work with
tex4ht as is well known. So my code is full of things like this:

\ifdefined\HCode
\begin{align*}
\end{align*}
\else
\begin{dmath}
\end{dmath}
\fi

obviously the pdf output is much better, since long equations
are now broken automatically into multiple lines, while the HTML
has a very long one line in the web page and has to scroll to
the right alot to see the whole equation.

I was wondering why this package does not work with tex4ht, and
how hard it would be to make it work with tex4ht?

Thank you,