[tex4ht] erorr code 256, possible perl error code, come up with using --lua option with make4ht, error --- Improper dvi file

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 2 22:57:56 CET 2015

The only way I can imagine a corrupt DVI file being created is if TeX is
interrupted in the middle of the run.

If one of you can send me the file that is being given to tex and the
invocation of tex with all cmdline arguments, we could at least confirm
it is not some kind of strangeness in tex itself.

    That doesn't seem like something we can detect automatically.

You could run dvitype to detect a bad dvi file, but the question is, how
to proceed when the file is invalid?  Can't imagine ...