[tex4ht] erorr code 256, possible perl error code, come up with using --lua option with make4ht, error --- Improper dvi file

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 17:08:15 CET 2015

Hi Nasser,

> Hello;
>
> I mentioned this in tex chat room. I found a work around. But may be
> I should send it here also, just in case someone gets this error
> in the future or may be seen this before.
>
> I am not able to make a MWE since I do not even know where to start,
> since the error is just error code 256.

sorry for a late reply, I finally got gypsum out of my hand, so I am
able to do some work :)

I've tried you example and I really couldn't find any issue except
that it is really huge and almost impossible to inspect :( I commented
out everything except few first paragraphs and it compiled correctly,
so the issue isn't in used packages, but it must be somewhere in the
middle of the document.

I can't use even dviasm on the dvi file produced from the whole
document, so it is really corrupted. BTW, I am unable to compile your
file even with lualatex.

So, my conclusion is that this is mysterious issue which we can't fix
unless you find some smaller (really smaller!!!) example :)