[tex4ht] [bug #254] tex4ht breaks

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Jun 8 14:51:03 CEST 2015

Hi Bill,

> On 08.06.2015, at 14:05, William F Hammond <hammond at csc.albany.edu> wrote:
>
> Simon --
>
> You write:
>
>> It's a PhD thesis in film studies, so there's not any math
>> involved (at least not to my knowledge).
>
> 1.  The log seems to suggest that TeX's math mode is somehow
> involved.  For example, in the source is math mode used for
> text super- or sub-script construction?

Yes, superscript is involved , mainly for footnote marks,

> 2.  You say that mk4ht xhmlatex runs smoothly.  But have you
> validated the resulting xhtml file?  Or even run xmlwf (chez expat)
> on it?

I can open the file with a browser, but validating it with validator.w3.org gives me lots of errors (though from a first glance most of them don’t look really serious).

Best

Simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch
http://www.utopia2016.ch

„Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.“